More about LPG
Charter of Benefits


LPG is a clean burning fuel that provides smoke free indoor cooking and can also help reduce outdoor and urban air pollution.


Using LPG produces less CO2 than coal, heating oil or petrol, emits virtually no black carbon or other particulates and is as clean as natural gas.


A billion people and businesses across the world count on LPG because it provides instant, reliable, constant and transportable energy.

Energy Future

LPG is a key component of a sustainable energy future both in developed and developing countries. LPG is pivotal in phasing out the use of solid fuels.

Around 10 million LPG cylinders are in circulation in Pakistan

Where does LPG come from?
LPG has two origins: approximately 60% is recovered during the extraction of natural gas and oil from the earth, and the remaining 40% is produced during the refining of crude oil.
Why use LPG?
LPG is an efficient, portable, clean, versatile and accessible energy source.
Where is LPG used?

There are more than 1,000 applications of LPG

Hundreds of millions of people currently use LPG and depend on it for thousands of applications, in commercial business, industry, transportation, farming, power generation, cooking, heating and for recreational purposes.

OGRA LPG Notified Prices
Daily Exchange Rates
Port Qasim LPG Shipping Program
Taftan (Iran) LPG Land Route Program
parallax background


Who we are?

Pakistan LPG Marketers Association (PLPGMA) is a trade body of OGRA licensed LPG Marketing Companies (LMCs) representing the commercial interests of the both the local and import based LMCs.
PLPGMA is the only trade association of LCMs registered with Directorate General Trade Organizations. Our Member companies are located in all four provinces of Pakistan and supply LPG for domestic, commercial and industrial use across the country.



PLPGMA liaisons with the Policy Makers, the Regulator and the Policy Implementers to address major issues facing the LPG industry and to promote the use of LPG as an environment friendly alternative fuel.. We hold regular consultations with our Members, build consensus on common issues and project a balanced and unified view to the relevant Government departments to resolve these in the interest of the LPG industry and the consumers. PLPGMA also promotes compliance with safety standards and good business practices in the LPG industry.


To promote the use of LPG as an alternative fuel and to help meet the growing energy demand of the country through seamless provision of both the Local and Imported LPG.

  • Demonstrate the benefits of LPG and inform, educate and influence all stakeholders.
  • Support the development of LPG markets.
  • Promote compliance with standards, good business and safety practices.
  • Identify innovation and facilitate knowledge transfer.

Office Bearers

Executive Committee Members

Women Entrepreneur


LPG first found its way in Pakistan in early 1970s and quickly became a fuel of choice over firewood, kerosene and bio mass due to its efficiency, portability and the convenience it offered to its consumers.
Though first limited to indigenous production only, LPG’s consumption in the country overtook the local supply over the years. Resultantly, imported LPG regularly began arriving in the country, to meet the peak demand especially during winter season.
At the turn of the Millennium, the Federal Government decided to De-regulate the LPG industry and opened its Production and Distribution to the private sector. In 2002, an independent Oil & Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) came into existence and the responsibilities of licensing and regulating LPG was tasked over to the Authority. This Liberalization Policy attracted substantial private investment into storage, transportation and bottling of LPG and the number of OGRA licensed LPG Marketing Companies (LMCs) began to rise exponentially.
Towards end of the year 2006, Pakistan started to run out of the indigenous pipe-lined natural gas and the country drowned into severe energy crisis. Consequently, the use of LPG began to rise sharply and so did the number of LPG players in the country.
Today the number of LMCs has swelled close to 200 and many more are in various stages of making, subject to OGRA’s approval. Keeping pace with the growing requirements of the product, the local Exploration & Production companies have also stepped up their efforts to produce greater quantities of LPG than ever before. Simultaneously, LMCs have increased the quantities imported in the country both via Land and Sea.
Presently, local production of LPG stands at 2,400 MT per day, whereas consumptions stands at around 4000 MT. Though the local LPG still accounts for 70% of the supply through most times of the year yet substantial quantity of LPG is imported around the year both through sea and land routes.